The IELTS reading papers are the same for both academic and general module. The reading skills such as prediction, identifying opinion etc. are the same for both tests. The styles of questions like true-false fill in the blanks, multiple choice questions are also the same.
|IELTS Reading Tips: Seek Academy|
You will not get any extra time to transfer the answers to the answer sheet like you do in the listening test. You will have one hour to complete 40 questions and write your answers on the answer sheet.
IELTS experts from Seek Academy, have discussed the below reading tips to improve the score.
1. Scanning and skimming: Skimming means reading a passage quickly to get a general idea and underline any keywords. Scanning is your ability to locate the information quickly.
2. Speed of reading: Time is the biggest enemy in this test. You must develop your speed reading skills to find out the answers quickly.
3. Don’t worry if you don’t understand every word. Focus on the word that is related to the question and doesn’t worry about the meaning of every word.
4. Read instructions very carefully. If you don’t follow the instructions you will get questions wrong.
5. Keywords: you should learn to spot the keywords and use them correctly. Some keywords are dates, names, years, places, numbers etc.
6. Grammar: Questions like fill in the blanks require that the sentence has to be grammatically correct. This means that grammar can help you to spot the correct answer.
7. Leave difficult questions for the end: Don’t waste too much time on questions that you find difficult. Focus on the questions that you find easier.
8. Make sure you don’t go over the word limit for each gap.
9. Make sure if select ‘true’ then the whole sentence must be true. When all the details are not ‘true’, then the answer will be ‘false’.
10. Practice: this is the best way to use your time before exam. Practice doing lots of reading tests. This way you will notice your strengths and weaknesses and you will be able to divide your time well.
Seek Academy has set the benchmark in providing the best IELTS coaching in Delhi to the students. We focus on individual approach. We provide comprehensive IELTS program and provide personalized support.